JD had a good morning, he practiced eating his cereal with a spoon (and, of course, his hands) and got super messy -- and why not, that creamy warm cereal feels good when squished through your fingers. :)
So we decided to take a bath. Yay, he was soooooo excited! He was in there with all his toys, splashing and giggling. I stepped out of the bathroom and into the hallway, about 8 feet away, to fold some towels. I had one eye on him the whole time, occasionally telling him to sit down when he was trying to stand up, etc. It was going well - he was having fun and I was multi-tasking. Hey, I thought, I've got this parenting thing down pat. I am THAT woman who can do it all, right? Wrong.
When I decided he was clean enough, I stepped back into the bathroom, got close to the tub and shrieked in horror! The once clear water was now ... BROWN! A sea of brown water!! Oh. My. God. I was disgusted and practically gagging - HE was still splashing and giggling, having a good time among his newly created "bathtoys". I immediately pulled the plug, took the handheld shower and started spraying him off and soaping him up (he wasnt happy, by the way)! I threw out all his bathtoys (maybe he did this to get new ones) and bleached the heck out of that bathtub ... it's never been cleaner! :)
So I ask you, my fellow parents: Why? Why wasn't I warned!? Is this some sort of sick initiation into the "parent club"? Well I, for one, will not play along. I will not be silenced! It is now my mission in life to warn all new parents of this potential hazard!!!
Here he is after “the incident”. Little devil.

Oh, no!! Thanks for the warning. :) We haven't experienced that yet, but know others who have.
ReplyDeleteLove that smile in the last photo--adorable!
Welcome to the club!!!
ReplyDeleteYou think that was bad??? JUST WAIT!!! J/K, happens to the best of us. Great pictures. Hope everything else is going good.
ReplyDeleteAdrienne
OMG! Thank you VERY MUCH for the warning. That would be rather disturbing to experience the first time. Although for your sake, I hope there's no second time!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is HILARIOUS! I would have warned you, but Grace has not blessed us with that bath-time trick yet. Sounds like you handled it like a pro!! Awesome pictures of the little peanut afterwards though!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, the glamourous life of mommies!!!
We had a few floaters when D first came home. Just a single floater...was enough to freak me out...and YELL DOWN THE STAIRS to my DH to come help. He'd drain the water and deal with the toys while I'd get D out and cleaned off. (I learned really quickly to WASH HIS HAIR IMMEDIATELY upon getting in...so at least that is done...in case all hell breaks loose.) By the way...we have a code word for this...in case it happens again...to alert the other parent to come immediately to help: CODE BROWN!!!
ReplyDeletedid I forget to tell you that???? Opps - sorry!
ReplyDeleteYou're right. In twenty years (or sooner), JD is never going to forgive you for divulging this story :)
ReplyDeleteI have three teenage sons, I am there for you!! If it has been done or even thought about, I am sure I've lived it. Bless their little hearts!
ReplyDelete