Yes indeed, I'm in labor!
We leave today for Seoul and arrive there tomorrow, Friday night of April 9th. Total travel time is 17 hours, including a 2 hour layover in Tokyo. We were able to snag business class seats on the way to Korea (upgrading w/miles), so I hope that means I can correct the sleep deficit I have from this past week filled with wrapping up things at work, prepping house for JD, taxes (moan) and packing.
We'll be in Korea for one week where we'll not only meet (and eventually take home) our little boy, but also meet his foster family and we'll have time to take in the sights. We're staying at "the guesthouse" which is a part of the Korean agency (Eastern) where we are adopting JD. Since we arrive late on Friday, we'll have the weekend to explore Seoul and surrounding areas, and then ...
... and then on Monday WE MEET THE LITTLEST PRINCE FOR THE FIRST TIME! Monday also happens to be my birthday - my 39th, for anyone out there who is counting :)
I can't imagine a better way to celebrate my birthday than holding my little boy!
I'll be posting updates here, with some pictures - look for me, I'll be the one with red eyes and tears ... and a huge smile on my face!
Stay tuned ... :)
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have a wonderful time...YEAH!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you. Looking forward to following your journey.
ReplyDeleteRobin from the forum
Have a fabulous and safe trip. I can't wait to see the little prince in your arms. How special that you are meeting him on your birthday! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteOn your birthday?! That's amazing!! I'm so excited for you guys. Enjoy every minute in Korea. We'll be following along on your blog, looking forward to watching your journey!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning sunshine! I hope the flight(s) went well and you were able to get some rest. Enjoy the weekend touring around JDs birth country and getting ready for your BIRTHDAY! Best present eva'!
ReplyDeleteI miss you already and am already counting down the days to next week. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep between now & then.
xxoo
I'm so happy you are getting to meet Little JD on your birthday...how perfect...what a gift!
ReplyDeleteJust found you through Janet's blog and look forward to reading about you meeting your son!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I think of your first meeting with your son my heart starts to race. Wish I could be there. Happy birthday sweet girl. I'm sure that it will be the best one ever. You deserve the best.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom (Nana)