I'm on day 10 of my "walking" pneumonia. I've been sicker than a dog (where does that saying come from, do dogs really get THIS sick?). My lungs have felt like they have gravel and glass in them and my ear still feels like it might explode. I've got so much 'stuff' congested in my lungs and head that I've got a hot stock tip for all of you - invest in Kleenex, cuz I'm going through it by the truckload over here!
Besides shamelessly going after your sympathy with my paragraph above, I mainly wanted to write today to continue the story of our homecoming. After we had the amazing experience of both family and friends greeting us at the airport, we went home and found our house decorated to welcome the littlest prince. Signs, balloons, flags and stickers!! It was awesome (thanks mom, dad, and my RHI girlfriends).
Then we went inside and started unpacking. It was probably about 10:30 pm. My brother Glenn stopped by to drop off the balloon bouquets from the airport. I was asking him if he knew who the "creatives" were involved in the decorating and he told me. He then went on to tell me who stocked my fridge with groceries! We hadn't even noticed it yet!
I immediately went inside and found a kitchen filled with fruits, veggies, yogurt, cereal and snacks for both adults and baby. A "What to expect ..." book on toddlers (we've been reading it) and a book on Korean adoption. There was also baby bubble bath in our bathroom with a cute little note - of course I was horrified that Jenni and Charlie saw my messy bathroom in dire need of a cleaning :). Thank you Jenni, Charlie, Kristin and Helen: I've barely left the house given I've been so sick, so these groceries were absolutely just what we needed ... absolutely perfect, as are each of you!
Here are shots of the decorations the next morning ... and of the littlest prince checking out his new kingdom:



What wonderful friends!!! Welcome Home!
ReplyDeleteSure hope you kick that sickness ASAP.
Oh my WORD you are a sick mama. I'm sorry...it is so hard being sick & trying to care for a child at the same time. I sure hope you are feeling well again soon. You poor thing!
ReplyDeleteWhat FANTASTIC friends to create such a fun coming home environment. My parents put a sign on the garage door & grocery shopped for us. Thank goodness!
How awesome! Can you have your friends and family contact mine so we can come home to the same goodies? What a FUN homecoming!!!
ReplyDeleteGet well soon, mama! It's no fun being sick :(
I really hope you feel better soon. That sounds awful!! What a wonderful homecoming--I love how JD is looking out the door.
ReplyDelete