Monday, March 29, 2010

WE GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My water broke!!  :)

I can't believe it!  It happened as I was looking up the phone # to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire - I planned to call and inquire as to when JD was scheduled for his Visa interview at the embassy in Seoul (it's the last step that must occur before the travel call and I assumed it would be scheduled the 1st or 2nd week of April).   I had been waiting all weekend to make that call and was determined to do it before I dug into work for the day.

As I was reaching for my phone to dial the NVC, my cell phone started ringing. I looked and immediately recognized the phone number --- it's my agency!  I assumed they were calling to inform me of the Visa interview date. I pick up the phone and ...

Phone call transcript (sorta)-
  • Me:  Hi, this is Sheryl
  • Jane:  Sheryl, it's Jane from CHS, this is the call you've been waiting for ...
  • Me:  What do you mean?
  • Jane:  Your little boy is ready for you to bring him home!!
  • Me:  Get out!  Are you serious?  Are you sure you have the right child and the right mom? (laughing)
  • Jane:  Well, let's see here (also laughing), I'm calling about HoKyeong ______ and you are Sheryl _______ , right?
  • Me:  Yes! (laughing with excitement and a pinch of disbelief)
  • Jane:  He's ready and you need to start making travel plans. And I'm serious!
  • Me:  Oh my God, I wasn't even close to expecting this today!!  What do I need to do ....
That's about how it went! From there we discussed what I need to know to start making travel plans. Then I immediately called my husband to share the GREAT news and we've been making arrangements ever since!  Very unexpected to happen this week, yet it's about time (goll darn it)!!  Finally the day has come!  We are sooooooo ready ... yet so not ready, LOL!

Stay tuned, more details to follow ...

6 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see the little prince in your arms--enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!! I am so happy for you guys! What a great day! How blessed you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord!!!! Wow!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! What a surprise! After waiting sooooo long, it was kind of sudden, eh? That is awesome how quickly you went from EP to Travel Call - woohoo! I can't wait until you are in Korea! Go get that little baby of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray!!! it seems like a big day for travel calls! do you read bekah's blog? she got hers today, too.
    SO HAPPY for you. go get your son, mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! FINALLY!
    My blog "ticker" said you had not posted for 5 weeks...but today I decided to go to your blog anyway...and I'm so glad I did...I almost missed your TRAVEL CALL!! (Wonder what happened there? Hmmm?)

    Anyway...when are you going? I cannot wait to hear all about it.

    Isn't that the BEST phone call ever? Sweet.
    Looking forward to hearing the plans and hope you'll be blogging from Seoul!

    ReplyDelete