Tuesday, March 23, 2010

good news ... we have movement in our process ... EP!

I have some fantastic news! JD has EP!!!!!!!!!!!

Say what?!?  It's his emigration permission - this means the Korean Govt has granted him permission to leave the country. This is the part of the paperwork process that has caused the extra long wait (can you say MONTHS) for me and countless other adopting parents.

So the next, and final, phase of the paperwork process happens at the US Embassy in Seoul. It is there that he will be granted his VISA to enter the US. Once that is done, we get our call to travel and to bring our little prince home!!

My US agency tells me to expect to travel mid-April. Part of me thinks they are off and being overly optimistic and that we won't travel until end of April/early May (i.e. I originally thought we'd travel in December and then was told February ... which clearly didn't happen).  I just don’t want to get excited and then be disappointed yet again. HOWEVER, from things I've heard from other waiting parents from my agency, mid-April is actually a possibility.

YIKES. I. AM. FREAKING. OUT.

But I'm also VERY HAPPY!!!!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! It will be a whirlwind from here on out. Lets hope it is processed fast and you get to enjoy spring in Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long wait, so pop open a fine wine, relax and raise a toast to JD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am SOOOO happy for you! It is finally happening!!! And I believe it WILL be mid-April and that is NOT that far away. Maybe you can be there for the lantern festival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Finally some EXCELLENT news! I cannot wait for the next step...won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear!!! Can't wait to see your next post...Travel Call??? Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  6. E.P.!!!!!
    what great news. next up, T.C.!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete