Friday, March 12, 2010

new pictures!

We received unexpected photos of our little man at 1 year!  He had a minor medical issue that caused him to see the doctor, and the policy at the Korean agency is that whenever a child has a medical issue, they send a medical update to the waiting family ... with photos!  He has a treatable skin issue (nothing a little bit of salve can't handle), so was no cause for alarm.  The medical update contained info on his Dr visit, 5 photos of his skin "ailment" and the 2 above!  Once I realized the medical issue was a non-issue (I consulted w/the Univ of MN Intl Adoption Clinic), I counted my blessings at the gift I had received -  pics of my beautiful little boy!

They also stated he is walking!!!  I'm happy and I'm sad ... selfishly wish I could have seen his first steps, but I'm happy he's on track developmentally.  He weighs close to 25 lbs, has 6 teeth, waves "bye-bye", sings songs and likes to play with toy cars - we have plenty of those waiting for him here ... Vroom, Vroom!! :) 

6 comments:

  1. He is so beautiful! Yay for updated pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE! He is adorable. YAY for more pics for you. He is bigger than D already (just a bit). Pump those weights to get your arms/back ready! I love all he is doing. Don't worry about the walking...you'll be there for the RUNNING...which happens shortly thereafter. Glad to hear the cars are ready. He'll love them for sure. VROOM! D has volunteered to come over & play cars already, of course.

    We got a medical update too on an eye issue...but no pictures. I was sad about the lack of pictures...but our travel call came shortly there after...so I got over it quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...gotta love unexpected photos. JD looks great. Congrats.

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for updated photos! I know exactly how you felt when you got them - surprised and super excited!!! He is just so cute. I really hope that Travel Call comes SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this blog! i am so excited for him to arrive. he outweighs langdon :) they are going to be good friends- maybe the two of them can visit lafonda together :)xoxo amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's adorable! I can't wait to see him in your arms.

    ReplyDelete