Tuesday, May 18, 2010

i have a 15 month old!

We've had a breakthrough with JD!  He's been with us for one month.  The first 4 weeks were very hard for him (and equally hard for me & David).  But in the last few days we've noticed a difference in his level of comfort with his new surroundings, new mama/papa ... with his new life.  No longer does he break out crying when we simply look at him.  Our intl adoption pediatrician told us it was part of his grieving and not to take it personally ... but how could I not?!  Now, instead, we get smiles :) :) :) :)  Yay!!

Today JD is 15 months old.  He took a leisurely bath and plans to take his mama for a walk so he can buy her a coffee ... actually, I think I saw the little devil slip the caribou gift card from Liz in his pocket (thanks Liz!).

6 comments:

  1. Yay for a breakthrough! Happy 15 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie! I'm so glad that things are going better at your house. Love those smiles he's giving you! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JD, you are looking very handsome in that Colorado fleece. Happy 15 months. Sounds like a lovely day. Glad things seem to have turned the corner. :-) Hopefully we'll meet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sheryl, I am THRILLED for you that he has been able to relax and enjoy his new mama and papa! How exciting - must be a relief to have that day finally come. Can't wait to meet that little bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must feel SO GOOD to turn that corner and get those lovely smiles. Happy 15 months JD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful to read that you all are doing better. He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete