Friday, August 14, 2009

good things come to those who wait!!!

1 month old and looking good!

WE HAVE A BABY BOY! Woohoo!! He was born Feb 18, 2009. He's 1 month old in the above picture. He was a little over 5.5 months on the magical day that we received his referral, which was August 7, 2009.

We’ve decided to name him JD.

It was a Friday and we were both at work. We received an email and 3 voicemails from a social worker at our agency (my work phone, my cell phone and David's cell phone)! I was in meetings and when I stopped at my desk David happened to call and said "The agency has been trying to get a hold of us, they say they have a referral"!! So we phone conferenced with the agency to learn about our little guy. They then emailed his background/medical info and beautiful photos. Those photos ... we couldn’t stop looking at and talking about his cute pictures!!

We were excited and nervous. Other adoptive parents recommended that we wait to share the news until we officially accepted, so we both had to wear a poker face the rest of the day at work. Thank goodness I was able to sneak out of work a bit early, as I couldn’t wait to get home so I could stare at his photos some more! I immediately sent his info to the International Adoption Clinic at the U for their review of his file. They got back to us before the end of the day saying he was a big, beautiful healthy boy!!


We verbally accepted the referral that Monday, Aug 10, 2008 and then the myriad of “acceptance” paperwork needed to be completed. Luckily we were on vacation this week so could focus on getting everything done in 2 days - we had it to the agency by Wednesday so they could send it to Korea for processing.

FINALLY!!! We are beyond happy! :)

He IS the littlest prince.


- S

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable, look at all that hair!
    I can't wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete